Sunday, September 11, 2011

Introducing Jennie Cupcakes

...AND Company Theatre's cast of E-mail: 9/12 includes cake designer, pin-up model, and actress Jennie Cupcakes.

Yes, there really is a woman named Jennie Cupcakes. And she really bakes cupcakes. She works as a cake designer at the Gallo's Bakery in Mount Laurel, NJ. She's also a member of the ensemble cast of the play E-mail: 9/12 presented by ...AND Company Theatre.

Cupcakes has only been acting for about six months prior to her audition for the play. She admits, "I surprised myself when I actually got the role!"

She always wanted to be an actress, but when she was younger her mother had encouraged her instead to go after a "real career." Cupcakes gave up her acting dreams in favor of cake design, but recently felt compelled to give acting a try again.

"When I stepped out during the first rehearsal, something in me clicked," Cupcakes explains. "This is where I belong: on stage."

"I am so lucky to be making my debut acting performance in such a powerful play," she continues. "My monologues are truly heartbreaking and I feel so blessed to be able to tell the stories of the 9/11 survivors. I hope the audience can feel the raw and true emotion that I will be trying to bring to the stage with the characters that I get to play."

Although baking and acting keep Jennie Cupcakes fairly busy, she's also a print model. Thanks to a haircut which featured Betty Page looking bangs, Cupcakes has been able to pose for pin-up style photos. Her work is included on her website at www.jenniecupcakes.com.

Performances of E-mail: 9/12 are scheduled for ONE DAY ONLY, Saturday, September 24th, 2011. 3pm Matinee and 7pm Evening show. Venue: Christ Church Neighborhood House Theatre located at 20 N American Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Tickets, $25. Discounts available in advance online. Tickets at the door will be sold on a cash only basis. More info: www.andcompanytheatre.org or 609-891-7555.

No comments:

Post a Comment